Friday, March 26, 2010

Digital Imaging I - Recycled Fashions

Digital Imaging I - Recycled Fashions

I love the Alice in Wonderland shoots but I was so worried that my photos would be dismissed in class because they were not "fashion-y" enough so here goes shoot #3 for the same assignment. I had spoke to my teacher last semester about doing a "recycled" fashion shoot, where I would take items that would normally get tossed or sent to the recycling center and make outfits out of them as a photo shoot assignment. I probably got the idea after watching Project Runway. (God I love that show!) He really liked the idea so I figured he wouldn't mind me doing it now.

The model is a classmate, the ever tiny Lee Ann aka Lolly.

The first outfit that Lolly is dressed in is a skirt made of packing paper and a top made out of foam. (The thin foam sheets that is used to protect monitors and TV screens.) The stockings are regular stockings for modesty and the shoes are true vintage out of my mom's closet. ;)

The second outfit is made out of foil and rubber. The top and skirt lining is made out of used and rinsed aluminum foil. The skirt is some extra shelf liner I had laying around and the belt is the strap off out a broken flashlight that you strap to your head. You know, it's a head light kinda like miners wear. All of these items I saved as they were on their way to the trash. We used the same stockings and shoes from my closet.
I have more of these to post but I'm not done editing them so here's a peek.








No comments:

Post a Comment